"Grandparents are our continuing tie to the near-past, to the events and beliefs and experiences that so strongly affect our lives and the world around us." says Mrs. McQuade, Founder of Grandparents Day. This holiday gives families the opportunity to celebrate their grandparents. How will you and your family be spending Grandparents day? Here is a list of activities to keep in mind when planning this year's memorable day.
- Have a family gathering. Often, families aren't able to see each other, so take a day to host a get-together. This way everyone can spend time with your senior loved one.
- Activities. There are many activities that both generations can participate in, such as board games or crafts.
- Baking. Choose easy recipes that grandparents and grandchildren can try for fun.
- Movie Day. For an affordable price everyone can attend a movie at a local movie theater.
- Bird Watching. At local parks you may get lucky and see ducks/birds.
This specific holiday was created for three purposes, to honor grandparents, to give grandparents an opportunity to show love for their children's children, and to help children become aware of the strength information and guidance older people can offer. Mrs. McQuade wanted this day to be a family day. This list of activities was created with the initiative of opportunity for seniors and grandchildren to spend quality time together during this special holiday.
At Caring Senior Service we are always ready to help seniors and their families by providing professional advice and services. As you consider ways to give support to your aging parents or relatives, consider including us in your plans. Contact our care team today!